It’s easy to get caught up in our own worries and forget that we live on the same planet as some pretty amazing animals.
No matter what else is going on, animals have a great way of making us laugh. Just petting a nice dog can make a person feel better right away because it releases endorphins, which are chemicals that make you feel good. So the next time you’re feeling sad, look at these fun facts about animals to remind yourself that the world is a great place.
1. Little harvest mice like to sleep in the blooms of tulips.
2. While they sleep, sea otters hold hands so they don’t move apart and get lost.
3. Every year, squirrels plant thousands of new trees because they forget where they put their nuts.
4. Cows have best friends who they would rather spend time with than anyone else.
5. Penguins like to get tickled.
6. Pollinating makes bees tired, so sometimes they’ll take a short nap on a flower.
7. Goats talk with an accent. If they join a new group, they will learn the language spoken there.
8. Quokkas don’t have any natural enemies, and they don’t seem to be afraid of people. This is probably because they’re so cute.
9. When their kids are still in the womb, dolphin mothers sing to them.
10. In Sweden, people compete to see whose pet rabbit can jump the highest. This is called “kaninhoppning.”
11.Puffins stay with the same partner for life and build their nests on hills with separate bathrooms.
12. Research shows that dogs do love their people. Not only are they thankful for the food!
13. A kindle is a group of kittens. A clowder is a group of cats.
14. In Welsh myth, fairies like to ride corgis when they go places.
15. Butterflies use their feet to taste things.
16. Penguins stay with the same partner for life. When that happens, the men look for a special rock to give as a “engagement” gift.
17. Elephant babies feel better when they chew on their tails.
18. When a baby koala grows too big for its mother’s pouch, she holds it on her back until it can live on its own.
19. Crows are very smart and like to joke around with each other.
20. It’s clear that wild pandas are doing well on bamboo because they’re no longer on the list of species in danger.
Don’t these facts make you feel better? Yes, we do. When we’re feeling down, sometimes the best thing to do is take a break from our worries and think about cute animals.
Tell this story to your friends to make them laugh.